Mount MTP USB device
Written by Sebastien Devaux - - no comments
Since mass storage device is not always available, exchange files using MTP becomes mandatory.
- 1st, install jmtpfs package or simular (mtpfs, go-mtpfs). fuse is needed.
- add users that need to mount such device to the fuse group.
- create a new directory that will be used as mount point (for instance ~/mtpdev).
- For each file exchange session:
- plug your USB device (beware, connection some android phone will fail if in standby mode, unlock your device first).
- mount device:
$ jmtpfs ~/mtpdev
- do wathever you want on the mounted file system (unfortunately, much slower than any mass storage device).
- Once all exchanges are completed, unmount file system:
$ fuser -u ~/mtpdev
- The device is ready to unplug.